Friends

Powered by Blogger.

9.21.2011

Diaper Cakes

Need a fun idea for a baby shower? This is my new favorite! Diaper Cakes!

Here is how I do it:

Find a base. For the large diaper cake, I used a ceramic tile that I got from Home Depot. For the smaller ones, I found pizza cutting boards on clearance at Target.

Find a "stem". For the larger one, I used PVC pipe. For the smaller one, I used a wooden dowel. Hot glue your stem to your base. A strong base and stem makes or breaks the cake.

Find your diapers! Pick any brand and any size.

Rubber bands are key! I use clear hair ties for the diapers. Roll each diaper and keep them together with a clear rubber band. Place the diapers around the stem. After each layer, put a large rubber band to keep them together. Do that with each layer until you think it's big enough. Then move to the next tier.

Pick your ribbon. Tie ribbon around each tier to hide the rubber band.

Pick a topper. I've used a teddy bear and flowers.

I've seen a lot of diaper cakes that have baby items around the sides (pacifiers, teething rings, etc). It just depends how much money you want to spend!

250 Size 1 Huggies


50 Size 3 Huggies



50 Size 3 Huggies

No comments: