Friends

Powered by Blogger.

12.22.2009

We're Engaged!


Scott and I got engaged on December 13, 2009. We are so excited for the adventure we have ahead of us!
I knew the engagement was going to happen. However, he definitely surprised me! We spent the entire day together. We played boche ball, made a gingerbread house, watched a movie, and had dinner with his parents.

He invited me out to the firepit (we love it out there!) to open one of my "12 days of Christmas" presents. I assumed it was a movie...boy was I wrong. He had made me a book off of Heritage Makers. It was adorable! The book was filled with pictures of us. On some of the pages, it asked questions that he had to answer (what were his favorite memories, what he liked about me the most...). I started to figure it out on the second to last page. He wrote a whole page on our future, and how excited he was to spend it with me. No wonder he's been breathing so hard! The last page had a picture of the Mesa Temple, my ring, and said "Will You Marry Me?". As I finished reading that, I looked at him as he knelt on one knee and pulled out the ring. His line was classic. "So, Lindsay. What do you say? Will you marry me?"
YES!!
I am BEYOND thrilled to be sealed to Scott for eternity. I have never been so happy. He is my best friend and I wouldn't change that for the world!

We are so excited to spend the rest of our lives together. We know the road ahead of us is not always smooth, but with the help of one another, we can do anything.

March 5th could not come fast enough!

I love my ring! He took this picture of the ring before he even proposed. I think he loves it too :)

13 comments:

Janet and Nate said...

Lindsay, What a wonderful engagement story!

March 5th will be here before you know it. Enjoy every minute of your "short" engagement!

We LOVE you!!!!

Pam Abbott said...

purty, shiny ring. can't wait to see it live and in person.
did you select your wedding date because it's spring break?

Loni Painter said...

Congratulations Lindsay and Welcome to the family!! We couldnt be happier for you two, you guys are perfect for eachother!!

Bethany said...

Love it Lindsay!

heidi said...

congratulations, that's so exciting!

Melynda King said...

The ring is beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement! We are so happy for you!

Erica Hanks said...

I am seriously crying right now! I love this!! I want to see the book! How awesome is that!

You guys are going to be so happy!

Love ya!

Randi said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Ashley said...

yay!! SO exciting, Congrats!!

Dale and Nona said...

We couldn't be happier. You two are a perfect couple!!

Dawn said...

Such a blessing! I cried again! I am so happy for you!

marleigh's mommy said...

i had no clue i am so happy for you guys congrats lindsey march is a good month congrats :)

Kassi said...

Congrats again Lindsay! And I love your ring!